Friday, January 9, 2009

Flax weaving and nose bleeding

Today instead of a 3 hour class on assessment we learned about the island cultures of New Zealand. This is where we have class everyday, in the LDS local church's cultural hall. I like it there. And since there is no men we use the men's bathroom.

So today as part of our cultural experience we made headbands out of flax leaves:


and learnt some hula. . . yeah

K so you maybe noticed kleenex in my nose. There is a whole story behind the kleenex that will make you miss me even more.

We were going around in a circle and saying our name and doing an action to go along with it. After each person gave their action we would go down the line and repeat everyone's name and action. Well everyone was doing these arm motions and I was 4th to last so I wanted to do a leg motion. So when it was my turn I said "My name is Hallie" and as I said Hallie I kicked my leg over the table. Well it didn't make it over the table. And I fell on the ground. in the circle. while everyone was watching. we all laughed until tears were coming down our cheeks. . .what more perfect thing could have happened to truly motion who I am? nothing. then guess what happened. My nose started bleeding. I didn't even fall on my face! So I had to run out to the bathroom. And I heard the other girls introducing themselves and as they went down the line to say everyone else's name and do their motions, whenever my name came around I heard people falling and giggling.

2 comments:

  1. Hallie, things never change. I could just picture the entire thing. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah! I'm glad you are showing them the real you!

    ReplyDelete