Monday, January 26, 2009

Orewa Beach

Highlight of the beach today? Well there are many highlights. One is that we were there for 6 hours. Another is that I went SURFING! For the first TIME! And I kind of GOT UP! And that is really impressive for me because I can't even balance on even GROUND!

The other highlight is that when you swam out to atleast waist deep, there were palm sized and bigger sand dollars every foot! And finally. When you swim out there, same region, there are also little clams! (They call them "pippies")

And you break them!

And you eat them! right there!

We didn't know that it was a superstition of the maori culture to NOT do this. You aren't supposed to eat seafood on the beach or near the ocean. They feel it is a mock to the sea and the sea creature's spirit.


But hey! We're just American Women! Hopefully the curse won't affect us!

ON THE WAY BACK HOME...


This here is a ski slope. Just in the middle of a hill. On the way back from the beach. Yeah we have to TRY to get cold here. It's really hard. I don't mind it though, not really.

And this is me again, trying to be artistic with reflections and vain at the same time. but those trees, wow. Amazing.

MAKE A COMMENT AND TELL ME HOW THE JUNK YOU ARE DOING!

5 comments:

  1. Man! Your life is amazing! You are beautiful. I miss you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a blast and a half! JEALOUS. I want to travel the world :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey giiiiirrrrrlllllllll! i am jealous of everything you are doing. sounds like heaven, you are heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha that is really funny, i didn't know ben was logged in! but so cute that he is really jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I'm so jealous! I want to come visit you! Don't worry, I don't think I'm going to get engaged while you're away. Love You tons!!

    ReplyDelete